Bank of America offering illegal immigrant credit cards.
--Does it defy federal immigration law?
--Are they just profiting off illegal immigration?
--Are we becomeing comfortable with illegal immigration?
--Hurt the economy? (Bad credit risk)
~High interest rate hitting around 21%
~Credit limit of around $500.
~SafeSend program already active, which allows immigrants who open a checking account in the United States to transfer money to a bank in Mexico where it can be retrieved by a third party.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your topic is not too broad or too specific and is very interesting. Obviously you now know that we were supposed to write a paragraph, but I won't hold it against you since you missed class! You used multiple points on both sides of your argument. My only critique is that you are more specific about the different points. Be more specific about how exactly it will affect the economy, or illegals, etc. Overall, I think you have picked a great topic!
Keaton, I found your topic to be the most interesting. I was unaware of the fact that banks offered illegal immigrants credit cards! You seem to be asking all the right questions over your topic and I look forward to hearing about it more. My only question would be, who are the people in support of supplying illegal immigrants with credit cards? It is your topic though, so i'm pretty sure you'll be all over it, providing both sides of the controversy.
Post a Comment